Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Coming Back • Looking Back • Moving Forward


   '  
That is moi, at a recent workshop I gave on The Art of the Sketchbook Journal, in conjunction with a show of my work at my library. Looking back, moving forward, while in the present moment. Pas mal!
I had 2 display cases of some of my sketchbook journals.
Detail from display case
I shared 16 of my original Sketchbook Wandering pages. The show, was held in my small town Maine library & so I enjoyed many direct responses, encounters, & invitations from sharing right in my own community.  
Detail from the wall display

 It was different to see the pages on paper & all at once rather than online. 
They reminded me of pages in a paper book... 

One of the most gratifying aspects was that I got to share what I know about this joyful means of expression in two workshops, & to see others doing it. Soon the Belfast Free Library will be presenting a monthly sketch group, hosted by yours truly! More news to come! 


After some months of envisioning a new blog, with a million different title possibilities & organizing principles that I have recorded in my paper journal, I realized that I didn't need to abandon my dear friend, Sketchbook Wandering, at all! I had only needed some time & distance to tend to some other adventures. So, after this post, I'm visualizing the posts to come as a sort of Sketchbook Wandering: Chapter 2.

10 comments:

  1. Witam serdecznie i cieszę się, że jesteś znowu. Widzę, że odniosłaś sukcesy i gratuluję. Ciekawe jak będą wyglądały zmiany na Twoim blogu. Pozdrawiam serdecznie i ślę buziaki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great you are coming back, I've missed you. Always enjoy seeing your style of sketch painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a wonderful display of your work it was. Glad you are back in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have assisted!!
    I am so happy to see your cheery art again!I agree with Barbara!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so spectacular on this blog, I can only imagine how wonderful it must be to be there to see your work in actuality. Looking for to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How marvelous! If I lived in your town, I would surely be in your sketching group. Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita -- glad to hear you are going to continue your present blog! I too am going through sort of a reinvention process so I will not be posting often. Like you I need some distance to organize. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita -- glad to hear you are going to continue your present blog! I too am going through sort of a reinvention process so I will not be posting often. Like you I need some distance to organize. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy that you will be continuing your blog. Your work is so beautiful; it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,love this blog new hear Trying to teach myself watercolor and setchbooking love your blog so much to learn from your wondering and thank you for having this blog to learn. in hopes you might have an online class there's nothing in my area and my budget can't afford other classes the cost is to high for me. So enjoying your writing and your SB pages are wonderful😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!