Thursday, July 23, 2015

The French Series


Based on a book shop in Arles

I will be visiting some old French study group friends 
who asked me to bring some of my pictures 
of France, the ones I used to sell. Most of them have sold.
Here are a few of the old ones:

 Based on a street scene in Paris.
Artist's collection.
La maison aux volets bleus, Venasque

 Two hilltop villages in Provence

 
Arles

Paris
 
Paris

Paris
Maybe someday I'll go back to France...
These days my sketches and drawings are made 
right here in my beloved Maine. 


11 comments:

  1. I can see why your pictures sold--these are lovely. I really like your style, no matter where your spirit takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witam. Piękne są Twoje szkice z Paryża, nawet jeżeli były wykonywane po trzech latach pobytu w tym mieście. Ostatni szkic z Maine jest uroczy. Pozdrawiam Cie bardzo serdecznie i ściskam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one as charming as the next.
    So lucky you are to have such passion and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sketches. So loose and light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So interesting, the difference in styles/line. . . and to wonder if/how the environment affects the style . . . hmmm As always, tho, LOVE these. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your French sketches are wonderful. Love the freshness of the watercolor washes combined with the ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed my visit to France today, thank you. I felt I was there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your next trip and as always pack the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gonna be away or in So. Po. this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Beth about your loose and light style - wonderful. I want to learn to get looser with my sketching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!