Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Sketch Habit

 When does something go from an enjoyable activity to a (good) habit? Well, it has happened for me as most Sundays I find myself in the Camden Library's reading room. While others read, I sketch. (This drawing is not all scribbly, like many of mine because it is a remake from the first draft sketch.)
A portrait of a dear artist friend in my library's Belfast Free Sketchers group, which I facilitate once a month (we're going to twice a month beginning September!) This sketch IS scribbly! 

These may be sketches of other people, but they are self-portraits too. Folks doing the very things I love to do! 

7 comments:

  1. I love scribbly and non scribbly:) Wonderful to have PASSIONS♥I bet you love your group:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you in the chair and at the table doing what you love. And I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading and sketching in the library are natural and compatible activities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Witam serdecznie. Trochę mnie nie było na blogu i nie będę często, bo mam problemy ze swoim stawem biodrowym, które mi bardzo dokucza. Uwielbiam oglądać Twoje cudowne szkice robione w każdej sytuacji. Pozdrawiam i ślę całusa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great habit to have. Love both sketches - scribbly and non.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of them! It's great to have an opportunity to build such a good habit. I drew every Sunday when my son did capoeira:) Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would make a great display: Camden People or Belfast People or . . . Midcoast . . . or . . .Library . . .xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!