Thursday, January 30, 2020

Art Journaling On the Go

A new 8 X 11" page in my art journal,
created at the weekly Library Art Journaling Group.
Sharing & working together, they call it "synergy."
I call it magic.
This was my first "To Go" page in my Daily Journal. 
After watching a ton of videos
about the Midori Travel Journal system,
& about approaches to Bullet Journaling,
I modified my Rhodia A5 size dot grid book
(the best for fountain pens!)
by adding colored elastic cords under which I slid 
loose, folded sheets of blank paper. 
On the go, I can pull a sheet out, draw, write,
& then stick it back in! It worked!!

Below, I'm loving seeing the accumulation of Jan. days 
on my Mini Memory Calendar!
The squares measure 1 1/4 square inch.
The calendars are on premium color copy paper.
Nine days ago...
Today! 
One day at a time a month happens!
Happy End of January!

9 comments:

  1. Hello~I am following you from Debbie's blog. I'm delighted to find you. Your drawings and color are very pleasing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Mini Memory a Day - what a great idea! Thanks for sharing it~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mini-Memory is wonderful. These days I'm afraid all mine would look the same! Is it a 9x12 size? 8 1/2 x 11? They look great. And I really love your page. It's delightful. Was there a prompt for it or just go to it? I love creating in the community of others. There is something energizing about it and I think surprisingly non-competitive. Everyone seems to be so supportive, at least in my experience. Good tip about pulling out the page and putting back in. And thanks again for all your catch-up at my place. Made me smile. Very big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are having fun and the best part of your "plan" is daily creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Month of Life at such a very artistic glance Rita!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS a Danielle Donaldson journal on sale jumped into my basket and the pages slide out too:)I bet many of mine will slide out and be gone;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I started an art journal this year that I'm trying to play in every day. So far I'm keeping up pretty well, and I hope that I'll have made some real progress by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mini art calendar! are you doing February and the rest of the year?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!