Thursday, June 11, 2020

Still Quilting (#3 in a series)

Still working on the little quilt rather than sketching...
The current stage: 9 blocks ready to join...
I need the sticky notes to remember the layout.
Border to be added and a backing...
Maybe some embroidery....probably not sashing...

Preceding stages: I love the evolution!

My sewing room work space has been evolving.
An "office" corner with my card table from high school!


The day bed for laying out work, a drying rack for fabric.
The little, foldable plastic white table cost $10.
I'll be able to carry it with me 
when Sketchbook Wandering!

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying being a plant 
nurturer/grower,
indoors and out. 
Not a Gardener, not a Quilter, 
but being Homebound (mostly)
makes me an Enjoyer 
of these things!


The next project has already begun,
it happened on its own with leftover squares. 
I'm still using up what I've learned is called
my "stash." My fabric scraps from before.
Again, I'm grateful to You Tube sewing & quilt instructions.
And for tips & inspiration from my friend Beth at
Sew Sew Art. Click here for her blog.
Click right here for the YouTube video that 
inspired the "Crazy Log Cabin" style.

8 comments:

  1. You are a sketcher AND an artistic "wanderer". You blog reflects the artistic wandering of many people. I LOVE your blocks (cool YouTube BTW). The only thing consistent in life is change. I love where you are wandering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what -- we're allowed to be more than one thing and have more than one passion! And from where I sit, you are both a sketcher/artist/quilter/gardener and who knows what more. I love your color sense. The quilts are beautiful and it's fun to see your workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those colors -- pattern is so fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rita this is just gorgeous with those lovely complimentary colours. I like the pattern too. Years ago my grandma and her best friend would set up a large quilting rack at each other's home and spend weeks working on a quilt. As a girl I would go and help. What precious memories I have of those special days. Love seeing your sewing space as well as your plants. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure wish my mask sewing workspace was as organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The unknown commenter above is your long time friend in DC.🧵♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the post above about you being an 'artistic wanderer'! Yes, it suits you so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm an enjoyer of your artistic and gardening endeavors! What better time to try some new hobbies and activities--you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!