Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Daily Sketch Diary: Food & Nutrition



The Daily Page Sketch Diary continues, 
separate from my Daily Master Journal. 
Lately I have a focus on my food & nutrition. 
I eat in smaller quantities than I used to.
 There are some wonderful rewards

I eat less food but I draw it more.
I'm very grateful to be able to eat in a healthy manner.

Wow! This was the stem of a head of lettuce.

My little essay on broccoli & vegetables.
Why are humans more drawn to things like
sugar & alcohol which aren't nutritious than to broccoli? 
I don't have the answer, but I have had to accept it, and to learn 
to work at making healthy, mindful choices. 

How about you? Do you have any healthy practices 
around food & nutrition?

9 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! You have a marvelous approach to line and wash that I just love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita I adore your sketches...healthy choices with those veggies look great on the page but not so easy in life :)! I do love fresh vegetables and fruits though when they are in season. Been eating a lot of watermelon this time of the year. You do such a wonderful job with cups and pitchers...they are such a challenge for me to sketch...mine always seem to turn out wonky!! Have a delightful weekend. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could illustrate a cookbook...lovely sketches...I do follow a healthy food plan, but could not do it without the support of 12 Step groups

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your sketch diary! And I especially like "I eat less food and draw food more!" This is really charming and a wonderful slice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are drawn because they like the sweet taste. And in Paris the prettycolors nd shapes.
    Broccoli 🥦 is always the same. Boredom and flavor.
    I wish I could eat smaller quantities…if only

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, humans love sweets! In Paris, yes, they are visual art works which I love. That lets me still enjoy them. Broccoli: I think if I did a super close up drawing of it I wouldn't find it as boring. Still, let's face it, broccoli is no macaron! I'm writing this months after the post & veggies aren't as hard to include now. They've become a habit. The quantity thing remains a challenge, but it's also more of a habit now.

      Delete
  6. PS I do eat more fermented foods: kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut artichokes, green bananas
    Yum yum :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!