Friday, December 2, 2022

Art, A Daily Practice. My Show: Locally Grown


I still practice my art, daily. That's me at an impromptu workshop
that an artist gave at a natural food store in a small
town where I was vacationing! Serendipity!

In September I had my 3rd art show at my library 
called Locally Grown
featuring local farmers & gardeners & their gardens.
It was a long term project as the planning had begun 
more than 6 months previously.
 I also presented a slide show with stories that I collected
from local gardeners.  
This collection had more written text than my other shows, 
& I loved the integration
of words & drawings in my typical journaling style.





I'm developing Christmas/winter imagery
that will end up as a greeting card. 
This has been my tradition since childhood.
Happy creating, you all! Thank you, Rita

9 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! Good to see you posting.
    Your art shows sound very interesting, unique, and with beautiful artwork. Drawing people into art is a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have MISSED you!!! Always love seeing what you are up to .....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to have you back! You've always inspired me in my art - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you back on here!! Your images as always are delightful and charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita. Seeing this by accident because I don't read blogs anymore. Good to see you being creative

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rita! I'm so glad to see some new posts. I stumbled across you on Pinterest and I simply love your style. I will certainly be keeping a look out for for new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rita so glad to see your lovely art and that you are posting again. I always enjoy my visits to your blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I pop by every few months or so to see if there's anything new. This time there was. Yay! For the last year I've been working on getting a daily art/watercolor practice going. It is work sometimes. I like seeing your watercolor sketches and like seeing how you view the world. It's inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love your veggies, gardens & flower studies. Your technique is so loose and flowing - and such amazing representation of color. Thank you for blogging so we can all enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!