Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Tomatoes of August

Image on my current Belfast Free Sketchers poster
Next meeting is in September

 Autumn Fever. 
Meanwhile August is a juicy & flavorful time of year.
Like the tomato I bit into the other day from a friend's garden. 

In the fields, spots of faded gold, and tall beige grasses
waving in the breeze. 
Reminders that this will pass.

Another garden friend is busy, as she is every August, 
"putting up" her vegetables in Ball jars. 
Just as her mother did before her.   

The Common Ground Country Fair is coming in one month!! 
Celebrate Harvest Time!

My local Farmer's Market is brimming with leafy greens,
 flower yellows & purples, pinks, 
carrot oranges, beets of crimson and coral...

Every year it happens,
but some years I feel it more than others.

7 comments:

  1. You make the simplest summer happening into a magical sketch/watercolor.
    Oh my . . . I enjoy you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm...homegrown tomatoes are the best! Sounds like you're looking forward to fall almost as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images. I could taste the tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rita - sounds like August is bringing you many treasures...don't you just adore those juicy tomatoes? I know I do. Take care. Love your sketch friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very unready for summer to end. I love the garden bounty, the light, but I don't look forward to Michigan winter -- and it's always on the horizon! Love the painting today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're looking forward to Common Ground as well! I wish I could find you there and peek over your shoulder as you sketch, I would love to see how you do this. Your type of sketching SO fascinates me because it's there but it's not really there...oh how would I describe it. I love it and it is the stuff I could stare at forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!