Monday, November 20, 2017

Recent Sketchbook Wandering

At LL Bean recently I had left my sketchbook in the car. Horrors! "Oh please, I asked the young woman in the café, do you have any scrap paper, I am desperate!" Yes, she did, so I was able to sketch out the window 
on that chilly morning while waiting for my breakfast. 

On a trip to Boston, I sat on a bench at the edge of the Commons, at Park St. to sketch. 
After years of Boston trips, 
I never before noticed a large fountain! 
A fast scribble sketch, just making notes, watching, listening.
Sitting there in the park, a great theater experience, 
with diverse characters & conversations!
 A mellow November day in peaceful Harvard Yard. 
Lots of chairs out, so I hung out after going to the Fogg Art Museum. 
(loved the museum, not as grand as The Museum of Fine Arts, but wonderful.)
People waiting for subways, and buses...
...are always favorite city subjects.
 Sketches at the Portland Museum of Art...They & the Fogg don't allow ink pens, 
so a lot of the sketches in this series are too light to post. 
 The last 2 are from the Farnsworth Art Museum, Rockland.
 ...which does allow ink pens. 
The Farnsworth: one of my favorite art museums!

9 comments:

  1. oh, how abundantly your creative juices are flowing...many opportunities for inspiration and you've not let any of them pass unnoticed. bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, Rita, your fast sketches are so much better than anything I can do when I labor and labor! It's wonderful to see your post and step inside you sketchbook. Thank you for starting my day out with that perfect dose of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I want for Christmas is to sketch like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun sketches--hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rita - your sketches are so full of life and inspire me to do more of the same. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you are so often 'desperate' to sketch and share what you see. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sketches Rita..especially the museum sketch. And green fountain too. Nice airy space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!