Friday, February 14, 2020

Nothing like Homemade Valentines!

 
At our library art group we, adults,
reverted back to childhood pleasures, & made Valentines.  
 Valentines Pot Luck: Rather than 
food to share, we brought ideas, art papers, & frills.
I brought some leftovers home.
 My three Valentines made at the meeting.
Très simple. Often when in a group,
I work quickly, creating sort of rough draft ideas
for future, more finished products.

This pop up was bought at a bookstore,
so I could bring it to show to the group.

 I bought these little girl cards at a stationery store
that's been in Portland for about 40 years.
The Paper Patch.

We used to have anonymous Valentines 
planted all over downtown on this day, 
on store fronts, on tree limbs,on brick walls, 
all tagged saying,"If you love me...take me...free!"
The anonymous makers, we hear, 
have moved away now, 
but this year one of our group has left Valentines 
in various shops... for people to take....for free!

Happy Valentine's Day, to you my blog friends!


7 comments:

  1. How fun is all this..you have great groups of like minded friends Rita..wonderful..and the free cards? Adore that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day,Rita..What a lovely tradition to carry on placing free valentines around town!! <3
    Lovely bright colors and patterns..I remember making the lacy doily valentines many years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day to you, Rita! I love each and every photos -- your originals or purchased! And what a wonderful idea to gather together to create. Or to leave around town. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentines day. Looks like you got "lots of love".

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day without the calories. Your cards are beautiful Rita. Love the idea of someone leaving cards for others to find. Hmm - that might be a wonderful idea in my little town. Take care - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful--the world needs more love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!