Monday, May 11, 2020

The Sketchers Get Together (but apart)



The Sketchers went down to the Library Park in Camden
(in separate cars.)
It's been many weeks since we've gotten together
(but apart.)

I usually forget to pack one item.This time: watercolors!
It turned out to be a blessing!
I loved focusing on values, lines, forms!
I would have missed seeing some wonderful qualities
if I had been distracted by paint & color!  
And I would have missed the feeling of my pen
dancing on the paper.
Behind me,
a waterfall, right in town, flows into the Harbor.

Yes, it's almost mid-May 
and I'm wearing a parka and gloves.
And loving it!

8 comments:

  1. Dear Rita such a delight to see you with your sketch. I just enjoy a black pen and a plain sketchbook also. There is something about a pen gliding over the paper and just letting the line take you along. I know it has been so cold here these past few days...even spit snow on the weekend. Suppose to be eighty by next Sunday...what a huge change. Well take care friend and have a super week. Hugs! P.S. Christmas music in May - that sounds quite delightful...especially since winter came to visit us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Rita! Beautiful values and lines!!! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to get back to the things (and people) we love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketches are always so wonderful and you look adorb Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so very detailed -- I really like this, the black and white, the wonderful line. An opportunity waiting to happen, that bit of forgetfulness! I love the photo of you. It's nice to see your smiling face. I've still been wearing parka and gloves as late as Sunday but they say it will be 70 this week. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camden! Loved seeing you and your sketch. Jealous of your cool weather, but at least we are not too humid yet here in the Tampa Bay area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I discovered your blog a few years ago via Pinterest and enjoy your creativity and optimism, the latter epitomized in your reaction to forgetting your watercolors on a sketch outing: Oh well, I still have pen and paper and that's fun too! One of these days I hope to join your sketching group as I summer on Islesboro. But with ferry schedules and now social distancing, it's not looking good for any time soon... But I enjoy following your sketchbook wandering and do my own solo outings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!