Thursday, July 9, 2020

Art Journaling Group: Using a Grid


Art Journaling Group. 
It was my turn to present. 
I showed Lyn Frye's Smallies 
from her blog, A View from the Oak. Do visit!
I've mentioned her Smallies in a previous post.  
 For Lin it is an ongoing daily practice. 
I did it for one month last winter.
 I loved choosing my image or event at the end of each day. 
It was like having a special lens with me,
a way to pay closer attention.

(To see my previous post, click Here.) 

 The idea I presented this time, to our Zoom group,
 was, using a grid, to virtually invite 
one another into our homes 
by writing/drawing things that are close to us: 
literally & figuratively. 
Things we would show if we were having 
guests in our homes.
I loved the personal images & stories that emerged.
My own grid ended up fading into the background, 
but created a nice framework for little drawings. 

It was fun to teach a little something again...

8 comments:

  1. Rita what a wonderful way to enjoy each other and special things in another's home. I love Lin' s smallest. I must try this sometime. Hope you are safe friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the smallie idea. Yours are always fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small is less scary...I love using grids and pre-drawn frames for sketch pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a clever and fun idea for artist friends. (And I adore the journal page you shared.) How very clever and how much fun is that!

    THanks for your visit and all the nice words. I'll be sharing more of my Covid Journal soon. I think you were part of the inspiration for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, You are soooo creative and inspiring to so many..Thanks for sharing your creatvie ideas and wonderfully whimsical artwork!! You are a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is awesome! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fun and charmomg
    I have to visit Lynn F
    I can not zoom yet ;(()
    So embarrassing...cant spell either

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!