Sunday, September 13, 2020

China Marker Resist: Autumn Flowers


Remember crayon resist in elementary school?
Such magic when the wax lines (Crayola crayons)
got revealed by painting over them with water paints!

Here I drew with white china marker on white paper.
I loved not being able to
see exactly what I was drawing. 
A bit like blind contour drawing.
You rely on feeling the movement of your subject 
instead of the exact outlines.

Late summer sun has been intensely illuminating neighborhood gardens and flowers.
Sometimes I think I've never in my whole life
seen such beauty.

 I 'll post here as long as I can...
Still not sure I want to be forced in the new platform...

10 comments:

  1. Love it..
    Rita..just try the new blogger essentially the same.
    Really..just take a break..sit quietly and try..:)If I can do it..you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovley artwork. The technique looks like fun.
    It will be a nice way to design fabric patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun! I've tried wax crayon and watercolor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting technique. I'll have to try that. I always loved the resist. I wish I knew how to do one of those online meetings where you can see each other's computers so I could help. HOnestly, it is basically the same, with some different icons that take a bit to find. Please ask questions!

    This lovely piece reminds me a bit of a batik!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely indeed . . .
    I have been in an experimenting mood of late . . .
    So far the thought idea action are not melding.
    Spurs me on though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the china marker resist! Very much like dapples light on flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely results....nice work 👏

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita what a lovely painting. You have me itching to try this method. As for blogger you will catch on quick. Believe me I am no computer whiz so if I can do it you certainly can. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, lovely! I'm going to try this. . . Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!