Monday, January 29, 2024

Quick Sketching After All these Years


 I haven't posted here consistently over the last few years.
But I have consistently sketched.

For years, especially QUICK sketches of people...while waiting in lines in stores or cafés... 


People  reading, or chatting make great subjects.

Simple, FAST line drawings, sometimes with added color from my notes & memory once I'm home. 

Why do I like to do it? 
Sketching is the vehicle that allows me to observe more carefully things of interest. 
( often for me that means sketching people.)  


Sketching focuses my energy, calms my hyperactivity. (Meditation!)


The tactile sensation of movement on paper while I'm
tuning into my surroundings.
All the senses working in harmony.


And as with these 2 recent, quick sketches, done in an
out of town café, 
it gifts me with a souvenir. 





4 comments:

  1. I love your sketches. They have such personality and I love the fact that in doing so you are closely observing. I'm not very good with drawing people -- and maybe it's because I don't do it often enough. The nice thing about something like a coffee shop is that they are sitting there for a bit! I especially love the one of the women walking. And the color brings them to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sketching teaches us more than we realize at the time. Your people, I think I've seen some of them in real life.
    Very nice sketching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don’t quit posting. Some of us yearn for more of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these. What a great habit to have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!