Monday, September 28, 2015

Homework: Still Life Versions


Homework for class: Ink Drawing

I started with simple, tiny, (2" X 4"), 
02 Micron pen drawings  (below)

But afterwards, I couldn't resist 
making a color version. (above)
 I love the feel of the ink line, 
but one should not keep scribbling 
on one's little drawing because one will be left with:
Only a black surface.

So, I continued scratching & hatching 
on new versions.
(Above): minimal line.
I love it, but it takes restraint 
to not keep going. And, so it is in life. 
Learning to know when & how to stop,
or to move on to the next.

8 comments:

  1. Your white pitcher with blue flowers is lovely sitting within a blue cloth. I like it better with color than the black and white theme. The whole sketch is very rural in feeling to me. Nice -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your white pitcher with blue flowers is lovely sitting within a blue cloth. I like it better with color than the black and white theme. The whole sketch is very rural in feeling to me. Nice -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am of the "Ilove them all " school..
    I would love to pen like you.and then add color like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your sketches , but I'm glad you did one with colour.
    I too would love to sketch a few squiggly lines in pen, add some colour and it look like your flowers in s jug.
    I too have the problem of never knowing when to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come you can make a few lines and it looks like a masterpiece??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes! Restraint is important in life but, oh, so difficult at times! You are very talented and I love your drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another life lesson from making art! Yes, restraint is often a good thing. Love your sketches, and especially the one in color--my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I'm drawn to that minimal line . . . and to the color version . . . xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!