Friday, February 16, 2018

Weekly Joy

Saturday morning Happy ritual: The Indoor Farmers' Market.
Weekly joy. 
With fewer tourists & crowds,
I'm bolder about sketching.
 
After: Another ritual: Library Date with my sweetheart.
We sit next to each other at a big wooden table. 
Shhhhh......
On a high shelf behind us: A soapstone statue.
I wrote: "Young Buddha is content, and so am I."
Sweetheart reads newspapers, and I...
...read & take notes from my current book.
This time it was Liz Steel's 5-Minute Sketching: Architecture.
I love her books, her blog, her site, her videos.
 And she gives online lessons. 
Click Here.

Do you have a daily/weekly/monthly ritual that brings you Joy?

7 comments:

  1. I love her teacups:) And everything else..:)

    However I am quite smitten with you ♥Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having a glimpse into your working process and your notebook! Thanks for sharing that. And I really do love your beautiful sketch of the couple at the market! Very big, happy sigh.

    Thanks for your nice comments! Yes, we're getting melting in the day now -- and that means it ices up at night. No one wants an early morning appointment these days! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore seeing your “people sketches . . .”
    Market time is getting closer for us here . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Szkice się świetne, a szczególnie Buddy. Pozdrawiam i śle buziaka.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rita - your weekly joy sketches are wonderful - my hubby and I often have a library date - it is a favorite spot in the week. Take care - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun weekly tradition. Your Buddha is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!