Thursday, January 10, 2019

Colored Pencils with Rubber Stamp Printing


Accordion fold card, using a Rubber Stamp "0"
and colored pencil.

 Our Library Art Group had a presentation 
of Rubber Stamping, by one of our participants,
a retired art teacher & awesome artist.
She laid out a beautiful assortment
Stamps, inks, papers, &, what caught MY eye...


...a tin of Ticonderoga Colored Pencils! 000000H!!



I started randomly printing with an "0".
 Something about the repetition with variety, very satisfying.
Something about being minimal when I could have chosen
a lot of different materials.
It seems to be my theme these days: 
Simplification.

Leslie showed us no models, and barely gave a demo.
Therefore, every one was free to follow their own themes.
All processes & works were different from one another.
 I love my old Prismacolors, but seeing the new set of
Ticonderogas was very exciting!! A new toy!


After, I made some color charts. 
My Prismacolors remain my favorites, 
but the Ticonderoga's are fun! 
They got me to re-explore my own colors. 
Thanks to Leslie & to our monthly Art Group for 
lots of inspiration & fun!

8 comments:

  1. OH! WOW! I'm so pleased to have been a catalyst!.

    Would say more, but racing off to Boston.

    Tonight...more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Ticonderoga pencils (not the colored ones, just plain old black ones) in school, and when you had sharpened down so most of the word was gone, you got another!

    Fun to try out the new stuff and go be creative in a group. I miss that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you could make such dynamic images with just a circle and colored pencils. Brava!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live the Ticonderoga color chart. Would be great to see the Prismacolor one next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love trying new things..Would love to be a supply tester not food tester believe it or not:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art never ceases to amaze!!
    Lovely and whimsical !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brand new art supplies are right up there with books in making my heart go pitter-pat. So much joy in these, Rita. You must have had a great time. (I also like well-used art supplies...)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!