Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Lupines Are Up!



 They are everywhere, alongside of major roads, the interstate, back roads, & my own back field.
In Maine they seem to always welcome the Summer Solstice.
I marvel again at the colors of this annual event. 

In the field out back I watch them as the light changes 
from sunrise to sunset.

Oh, the colors!
One glance reveals blue-violet, the next, violet-rose.
Some kind of Lupine magic...

The Lupines directly out my back door 
have shed most of their blossoms 
& are getting ready to sow more Lupines for next year. 
A week ago they were in full bloom 
I did a quick morning sketch. 

To see my Lupine post from June 16, 2016, Click here.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful lupins. Wonderful pictures
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lupines. I have a field of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Rumphius!! I will always think of her and YOU..when I see beautiful Lupins/es:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Just love it! Lupines are a favorite of mine but you capture them so perfectly! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rita - Lupines are a wonderful flower and you have captured in this sketch their special beauty. I unfortunately do not grow them too well...so it is good to enjoy yours. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful sketches--the flowers must be something special. Sadly, we don't have lupines in Florida, so I'll have to be on the lookout for something else to mark the passage of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure wish lupines grew down here in DC. Lovely drawings, like usual, mon amie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!