Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Urban Sketch Group Waterfront


Our 2nd excursion with the Urban Sketch Group.
A Hometown, Downhome day, on our waterfront. 
We didn't need to wander far from town for this pleasure.

I sat in the protective shade of the Gazebo, 
on a blue sea breeze, sun filled cloudless day.
 My warm up drawing (not shown here)
 was of two cabin cruisers, 
an interesting challenge in perspective & proportion, 
but in the end not a scene that moved me.


Two of us stayed on,after the group was done 
& "fell to" silently, drawing & painting, 
separate but in good company. 
We talked about our attraction to water 
& how lucky we are to be here.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, bellissima! I feel your contentment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rita I can feel your joy in both of these sketches. I love to sit near the water as well...a lake, a river, a spring and sometimes the ocean. God Bless you for sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both but especially the water scene. Lots of energy in that water!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!