Saturday, September 17, 2016

On the Edge of the Town & the Sea

The sweet Gazebo down by The Harbor Walk in Belfast.
(it's my impression, not realistic...)
I sketched near "The Boathouse", (Steamboat Landing) yesterday, mid-day. 
This public park is the site of Harbor Fest, Weiner Fest, the Celtic Celebration,
 Extreme Frisbee (previous post), Arts in the Park, Summer Evening Concerts & more. 
But on this day there weren't many people & the boats in the harbor were resting quietly. 
It was calm except for an enthusiastic group from New York who kept cheering 
other people from New York who kept arriving at the Boathouse.
I think they were building something in the Boathouse garage 
while they laughed & shared stories, 
including stories about the old days in NYC.

As I left I thanked "my bench",  this public bench,
 at the edge of this public park,
at the edge of the river & bay, on the edge of the town.
On the edge of the town, which is my town, Belfast, Maine.

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely. I really admire your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your work too..so fanciful and free!
    Is that turquoise a mix? Or pure? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy how you weave into your post the little details you notice while sketching. Between the actual art work and blog post, you have a lovely way of recording the seemingly ordinary moments of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, a piece of calm amidst the other flurry of happenings . . . and soon those leaves will be turning, mm? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks just like the park in my hometown (Indiana). Nice gathering place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am delighted with your work.
    What you're doing is wonderful.
    Greetings from Poland.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!