Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Color Wandering Close to Home

A friend asks: What are your "prompts"?
Perhaps that is synonymous with" inspirations". "Points of departure". What launches me? 

Yesterday it was experimenting with a new "professional" brush
 that was on sale at Rockport Blueprint 

I also was inspired by some fused, wild, quilted pieces that my friend Beth gave me. 
They got me going on some color combinations that I would not normally use.
I did not copy her assembled colors, but they sparked some new explorations.
Making cards for friends, always a nice spark.

I continue to Sketchbook Wander, & it is still my favorite art practice, 
sketches prompted by what is in front of me.. 

But FINALLY being allowed back  into my home, makes me want to stay here for awhile.
I am reunited with some paints & brushes that I have missed.

What launches YOU into a zone of creating with art materials or with writing tools?

5 comments:

  1. Well..you do!
    I must confess to having painted an Easter card yesterday,today I added a pop up..Happy Easter..you know where I got that from:)

    I hope you do not mind..for a friend..no one will see:)

    We had 3 of the boys for a sleepover Saturday..from noon one day till noon the next day give or take one hour..I am happy to say that for at least 1.5 hrs..all 3 were in my craft room..painting..started w/ Oli..then Max decided to join in..then Lucas..I showed them how to add a pop up:)
    Again thanks to you..

    love all the colors..I need to move out of my comfort zone and pop and learn color mixing.WElcome home..I just wrote a note to you at my home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witam. Mieszaj, mieszaj kolory i pokazuj efekty. Bardzo się cieszę, że mnie odwiedziłaś, że pamiętasz o mnie. Nie mam dzisiaj urodzin, jest tylko Dzień Kobiet. Mam nadzieję, że przeczytasz mój teks w języku polskim. Ty pisz do mnie po angielsku, bo to łatwiejsze dla Ciebie. Pozdrawiam i ściskam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad you are back home and in peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started a new sketchbook and replaced my (worn out!) waterbrush, so I'm feeling somewhat inspired. Love the colors in these pieces, Rita. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, inspirations and ideas . . .
    Loved these mini creations . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!