Wednesday, January 22, 2020

What I've Been Up To...

A little sketching with the Sketchers...
At a most magical shop in town, Brambles...
The owner always welcomes us! 
(I have previous posts/sketches from Brambles...)
Quick sketches when I'm out. 
Still carrying the book everywhere.
This was lunch at the Coop, a great Sketch-Op.
Enjoying my Prismacolors. Here,
they were basking in winter sunlight that streamed in
through the back door blinds.
 Prismacolors on my new "mini memory" daily calendar, 
inspired by the great sketch blog of Lin, View From the Oak
& her "Smallies". Do visit her blog! 
A great form of journaling!
Card calendars for my bulletin board.
Been playing with collage a bit.
Ongoing Daily Journal ritual. Every morning with coffee.
I'm adding more color, drawings & paste-ins
than before.
 
This was the bottom corner of a page. 
That's Washi tape as the base.
Envelope-pocket-journal-folio books, 
taught by local paper craft artist & teacher, Robinsunne. 

Current one in progress.
Elements taped with temporary cellophane tape.

 I mostly didn't send out holiday cards.
I gave a few of these to folks in my Zumba class. 
I hope you all had a fun holiday season.
 My new cork board on the mantle. 
A reminder that I want to paint more without ink line...
A challenge, & outside my comfort zone!
Above, some are mine, some are inspirations by others.
Great time of year for making art!

15 comments:

  1. These are all so CARMING AND WONDERFUL! LOVE UR CALENDAR (And thank u for ur kindness!) Love the Zumba gals... YOUR CALENDAR... and your daily coffee ritual! I'm curious about ur calendar cards...can u tell me more?? Love all of these! Please keep posting...I've missed u!!♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say CHARMING! I am a bad thumb typer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see your artwork, always, Rita. It is indeed a good time for making art. I especially enjoyed seeing your little mini memory daily calendar. I'm doing something similar! I started an art journal this month, and am combining small daily sketches with collage and journaling. I'm using the basic format from the book No Excuses Art Journaling to start, and hope to make it more individual as I establish the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enchanted by your watercolor sketches in your DAILY journaling. And thanks for the shout-out! Great to see you at the Library today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always an inspiring visit Rita..love the daily minis..calendar..zumba..Christmas..I guess ALL;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I spied..:) And I love the idea of an inspo board..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Wow. And WOW again! I'm going to bookmark this post -- I'll have to come back to it again and again! That journal calendar mini-pic thing. Brilliant! I might have to start one of those. What a great idea. And I love your mixed media pieces. So fun and colorful. And eveyr time you sketch and paint them, I swoon. Folio Books. Calendar pages with mixed media. Minis. I am so overwhelmed and full of joy reading this. Oh, I LOVE it when you post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is ALL amazing..my head is spinning...LOVE your work..keep on keeping on...

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual, LOVE all your forays -- esp. the calendar mini-pics and the pocket envelope thingies. Especially loved being able to see them and you in person this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rita this post is chocked full of amazing creations. Your calendar of smallies are certainly a way to remind one to take note of each day. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx so much for ur kind comments. My squares are 2" x2". Got the idea from Fay Iseminger...she's a super artist!! Hope to be in Maine late spring...I'd love to meet you. Where are you in Maine?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops...My smallies were inspired by Made By Fay.....apologies Fays illustrations are Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We'll be in our RV...linfrye@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rita, me again! Just stopping by for a quick thank you -- so much! -- for all your comment catch-up on Marmelade Gypsy! My world is all askew with the house torn up and I'm looking again at all this and so eager to paint again! It's a great motivator! Anyway, thanks for coming over. MOST appreciated. Keep cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!