Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sheltering In and A Note to "Desired Grace"



Sheltering in...Some days I go inward more than others...
It's OK from time to time to be a hermit, 
it revitalizes me. 
But one also needs a balance, of getting out, being with people. 
But those things are out of reach at the moment.
Between wearing a mask that makes breathing hard,
& worrying that people are coming too close,
it's easier to just stay in. Or to walk close to home where there are few passersby.

Small things, like making coffee in the morning,
take on greater importance these days.

In my daily journal I note small occurences,
(of which there are many) 
as well as broader reflections. 
Big events? There are few, if any.

 
I doodle & dabble here at home.

I spend time organizing papers, notes & drawings.
I've made great progress, 
but some times it doesn't feel as if I have. 
 

Penmanship practice soothes me. Pen & watercolor...

I'm often content & grateful. But lately I am missing the freedom to move about & to explore the world in the way that I did before....

A note to a nice young lady whose blog is Desired Grace:Thank you for asking my permission to use some of my sketches. I must say no, please don't use them in any way, but it was gracious of you to ask. They are my own personal responses to my world, & I encourage you to experiment & to find your own responses & images. 


PS The spacing wouldn't work the way it used to. Has anyone had this problem on the new platform?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the new platform...spacing...in the type box bar above, click on Normal...then click on Normal for single line spacing.
    Lovely post, I enjoyed reading your wise words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you're using your sheltering in place time wisely and most creatively...Beats binging on some Netflix series...Lovely all ...Love November 2020 sketch(organizing papers!!) Love your work as you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sheltering in, too. Partly because I always do but also because with my back issue, I can barely walk to the bedroom or kitchen, much less "out." And the Covid in our area is very bad. At least you are being productive. This is the first time I've been online in days, not really able to answer blog comments or spend much time visiting. Much less no Christmas decorating yet. I should haul out the cards today. That I can do. Well, I love your drawings. They make me smile. I haven't written in my Covid journal for quite awhile. Maybe I'll do that today. You motivated me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way. I usually love being a homebody, but when it feels unsafe to be out and about, and it's been MONTHS since I did some of my favorite things, well, it gets a little old. Trying to maintain a positive attitude and remember we'll get through this eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!