Monday, October 7, 2013

Sketchbook Wandering, Saturday in Camden


 On Saturday I was free to wander out in the world again after a week of illness. Sitting on a park bench, overlooking Camden Harbor, a new creative friend & I played with watercolors & talked art & process...I learned new things as I watched her & listened to her enthusiastic thoughts about art. For me, art continually offers new discoveries, inspiration & re-inspiration. 
Our visit ended with a jaunt to the town Art Shop, Oh Joy, Joy, Joy! We both now have new 4 X 6 " hot press paper pads & ceramic palettes & I have a new sable brush which feels lush & fluid & soft as it gathers water in a way that my old brushes never did!! 
After the town visit I went to the top of Mount Battie, a place where my spirit always soars. While the many tourists clicked away to the East, over the Bay as the sun was setting, I settled into my red chair facing West to the Hills. The longer I sat still, looking, breathing, making marks on my paper, the more revealed itself, a graceful tree branch here, a brilliant carmine there, a new hue in the distance...This process, it has to do with soul, serenity, spirit, heart...Words fail me here, so best to say thank you to Saturday, to freedom, & thank you to those of you with whom I share some of my process.

10 comments:

  1. your sketches are amazing. i love the 2nd one - almost an asian feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and your cute self portrait of the pic he took of you.
    What a hazy post.
    The journal..is priceless:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top drawing is a wonderfu collage of your interests and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such intense sketches, fall's bounty and accidental encounters all gathered beautifully!
    So good to hear you are feeling better again, your purchases speak for itself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and you got together with Creech too. Packed day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic post, beautiful drawings, great memories.. Thank you for sharing those lovely moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you know how much I love to see and hear about your process - these are all wonderFUL, as was the day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sketches. What fun to record, like this ,what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Original schetchbook.
    http://www.croquerashumboldt.com/
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/croqueras-humboldt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!