Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Sketching Small & Fast: Boston



Train trip to Boston. View from the window.
I've been longing to go for many months,
with my Midori Traveler's Notebook, 4 X 51/4 "
The Italian North End. 
Dense with cafe's, restaurants,
& pastry shops.
Bricco • Cafe Bella • Ristorante Fiore
Cafe Paradiso • Ristorante Quattro
Trattoria il Panino • Ristorante Saraceno
Lucca • Dolce Vita Ristorante

And 19th century churches. And Sunday church bells.

 A distant view as we walked 
from the North End to North Station.
 Museum of Science. The Butterfly Garden with 
a hall of terrariums outside their giant room
is alone worth the admisson.
I mean, have you ever seen insect eating plants,
or a Stick Insect (that looks just like a twig/branch!!)?
Science, nature, art, enchantment, magic
as colors sparkle and flutter through the air. 
Knowledgeable & eager student assistants
are like butterfly encyclopedias.
Better than Google~ the real thing!!

It's like we were in a giant tropical terrarium.
And you had to check yourself before exiting
to make sure a butterfly hadn't landed on you! 
Butterflies on a city view window
with the Charles River right out back. 

Exhilarating day, indoors & out!
Sketching made it more so!

7 comments:

  1. We have stick bugs here- I've always loved them. Especially when I found out they don't bite! Your visit must have been so fun! You're an inspiration to me to get busy with my sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if a butterfly had attached itself? Would you be considered a butterfly thief? Lovely renderings of the city of my heart....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy did you have a productive day!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow a fab Instagrammer ,re Boston..looks amazing.It's his home and every day we get to see it through his eyes..Love your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita this sounds like my kind of trip. Love seeing all your wonderful sketches. I am sure you had lots of fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boston! Oh, it's such a glorious city and I love it so much. How fun to train down with your sketchbook and have at it! I love what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!