Monday, April 6, 2020

Yellow Therapy


 I finished the final paste up on my yellow folio book.
The text is in French (I hope not incorrect French...) 
Le jaune. 
La couleur du bonheur, du soleil. 
Une couleur animée. Le jaune, lumineux, joyeux, positif.

Yellow, the color of happiness, of the sun.
A lively color. Bright, joyful, positive.
 
(The first draft, above, is in my Jan. 22 blog post, 
titled "What I've Been Up To".)
The accordion folio folds up neatly into a booklet.

From time to time I crave YELLOW.
Like a visual form of Vitamin C.

The yellow Dixon Ticonderoga pencils from the 50's
still make my heart skip a beat!

"...I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils
if I knew your name and address."
 ~You've Got Mail.

Autumn yellows against blue sky in a nearby state park.
Talk about lively!!

Muted yellows and ochres in Arles...
Love! Thank you, YELLOW!

Do you have a color that is uplifting or healing?

7 comments:

  1. I am, generally, drawn to more than one color.

    Blues top the list, in particular - a bright warm blue, or an aqua.

    But a rich green, a purple, a navy, and a soft or deep red draw me also. And (to my surprise), the occasional pink - not the hot pinks or the pastels, just a nice medium pink.

    So, different colors for different days!

    Sunshine yellow and yellow-orange tones draw in my mom.

    --Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny like your personality!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that yellow is the most uplifting color for me. When I was a child it was my favorite - lellow! Now I think aqua/turquoise is my favorite overall color but if I'm looking for a lift, I go with the yellow. It's why I love daffodils so much. And forsythia.

    This piece is just wonderful, Rita. It IS happy (and useful, too!) And I love the paintings, the building in Arles, the pencils. Everything. It's a wonderful way to begin my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE YOUR YELLOW PAGES!! I too love yellow and orange -- I like orange much better than red -- I find orange a bit 'softer' ... super pages, Rita! Yes, my wild garden was a bit out of the norm for me -- but it was fun -- and may want to try it again with different colors. Hope you are staying well ... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The French is on point! Super sweet!
    I love yellow..just driving up to our home..;)You would know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE YELLOW and with it I like PINK, my happy colors!! Both make me feel happy...Not a fan of orange, but with yellow it pops!!
    Your great happy sketches here today brighten my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow, too--I would love to live in a yellow house with green shutters. I used to walk by one with my baby in a stroller MANY years ago.

    My other favorite "happy" color is lavender. My home office is painted in that color, and I find it uplifting and soothing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!