Friday, May 15, 2020

What I Took For Granted...

Funny, I took spiritual gifts less for granted
than material objects, before the virus & shut down.

I don't shop online,
but art tools & materials 
were available at local shops 
within a 100 miles.
Now those shops are closed.

So a friend kindly helped me to order new #11 blades,
and a great, new ergonomic Excel knife. 
They are luxuries to me!!

I did a few test cuts, magnificent feeling
of cutting with a precision blade! 
My edges could be smoother,
but that's me needing to practice...

 I realized I could arrange these simple snippets
in an infinite number of ways,
with lovely negative shapes inbetween...

Like letters in a word, words in a sentence...
An infinite number of ways.
Boggling...
But then, a lot is boggling these days...

5 comments:

  1. These are such yummy colors and pieces -- wonderful potential! I've always had to order on line for most of my art supplies as I lived to far from any art supply store ... being able to order on line is such a gift, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having "precise" fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art supplies online are so plentiful in the US.I would go for it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love supporting the locals but sometimes they don't have what I want or need. These days, it wouldn't matter if they did. I love these sweet pieces and the variations you can use them for! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita such lovely strips of paper. Glad you have great tools at hand. I generally purchase my art supplies on line. There are no nearby art stores in our area so ordering on line works well for me. Hope you are doing well friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!