Monday, December 13, 2021

Fountain Pens & Ink


 I spend a good deal of time in the company of fountain pens. 
Writing in my journal/s, writing anything & everything 
that needs recording or processing.
I'm old fashioned. As much as I love word processing,
it is pen, pencil, ink, & paint that I adore using
(and scissors & glue).
This was a photo that I posted on a fountain pen site. 
It's interesting to be among fellow pen enthusiasts.
I am not the collector that many of them are,
but I do have, well, more than one pen (ahem).
Something new is to draw & paint using inks,
inspired by some of the artists on the site.
 
Goulet Pens sells small vials of ink samples, 
a great way to try out luscious colors & various brands. 

13 comments:

  1. I've never had much luck with fountain pens ... either I spill all the ink, the pen sticks, ink sticks and won't flow, the pen leaks - you name it -- that's my luck with fountain pens. I love what you do with your pens and the lines you get -- love that aqua!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lin, They are quirky, fountain pens. What you do with your art materials is wonderful and it's been fun seeing you learn more techniques and ways.

      Delete
  2. The ink bottle is a lovely design.
    Fountain pens are great for hand writing letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear that you like hand writing letters, Sally. And with old fashioned pen and ink.

      Delete
  3. I love the image and your painting. I don't really use fountain pens but Rick is a big fan. I should find some ink for him for Christmas. He wouldn't expect that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie: I recommend Goulet Pens for Rick. My favorite inks are by Diamine. But there are so many good brands out there! (too many).

      Delete
  4. I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog
    BG Gaming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I know! Looking forward to some show & tell with them next time!

      Delete
  6. I love the look of fountain pens, and all those lovely ink colors. I have a couple of pens but haven't yet mastered using them all the time. I'm a little afraid of falling down a fountain pen and ink "rabbit hole"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fountain pen and ink is a definite powerful rabbit hole, for those who love them, Kathy. I do have to be careful to not spend too much time or money...

      Delete
  7. Rita you certainly know how to make those fountain pens perform...love your drawing with the gorgeous inks. Are not all art supplies the best?? Such fun to experiment and play. Hope you are having a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debbie, art supplies are the best! For me, drawing supplies, painting, are the favorites! I love the way you use your art supplies!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!