Friday, December 17, 2021

Vegetarian


  


I'm grateful to be able to eat highly nutritious, organic food, 
bought at our coop & especially bought from nearby farmers. 
Yesterday I baked butternut squash for the 1st time
in a long time. I was blown away by the vibrant taste 
and juicy texture, 
all the better knowing that I was absorbing
so many vitamins & nutrients. 

I buy fresh rosemary, just for the scent!
Once it's dry enough, I put it in an air tight container.
Now I'm wondering how to use it in my cooking...

Microgreens & pea shoots are divine!
Local apples are still available & delicious!

This was my first vegetarian meal this week 
after picking up the farm produce.

I got some vegetarian cookbooks from the library recently
& am enjoying exploring some new meal ideas...
(I am not a gourmet cook, haha!)
Why am I attracted to vegetarian cuisine?
I just read The Omnivore's Dilemma. It influenced me
in the way that Diet for a Small Planet did years ago.

7 comments:

  1. I adore rosemary -- it's wonderful. I've a huge plant someone gave me and my only hope is that it will make it through the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary, I love it so. It seems to have a lot of healthy uses. Like rosemary oil mixed into shampoo. I hope your plant makes it through. It probably needs a lot of sun?

      Delete
  2. Yum! I've been trying to do more plant-based meals, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just make sense as they are tasty and so nutritious, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. Lovely sketches and photos of veggies...looks much more appealing to me than meat!! Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginny. I still eat chicken and fish for the nutrition, but veggies are much prettier!

      Delete
  4. Yummy! It's like I get to prolong the enjoyment by drawing the food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me!